Temporary Use Permits

Temporary use permits are issued for activities of a temporary duration on state lands that are not more appropriately authorized under other leases. Examples of uses for which temporary use permits are issued include roadways for off-lease oil & gas development, construction activities, hot mix facilities, organized recreation activities, sign boards, and outfitting/guiding activities. Temporary use permits are issued for a limited term that is specific to a particular use. Consideration for temporary use permits are negotiated on a case by case basis, and subject to a minimum consideration specific to each use. Upon completion of the permitted use, all state land disturbed by the permittee must be restored to a condition similar to its original condition and forage density.

*If applying for a lease or permit in Sage-grouse core area, a Density Disturbance Calculation Tool (DDCT) worksheet must be submitted to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department.  For more information and to download the worksheet, please visit https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Habitat/Sage-Grouse-Management.